Friday, August 29, 2008

Design Choices.

I am aware that I am nowhere near close to owning my own home, but that can't stop me from figuring out designs for it in the future. 

I know for a hallway, or living room type area, I like the look of a sort of mosaic style of pictures in pictures frames. Especially with the juxtaposition of actual photographs, and art [graphic or traditional]. 


When looking at a bedroom I know I want white sheets, and perhaps white or light colour walls. It would have a nice clean and bright look. But not too much white because that might be too stark and institutional. 
A panoramic landscape photo or painting is an interesting alternative to a headboard, even something to put over a short headboard. A skylight over a bed would be pretty cool too, and the accent wall is a nice touch. Also as a note, I hate footboards. 

This built in storage side table is so very practical. The wood stain is pretty too. I prefer darker wood to lighter stuff.

Sweet photo collage.
My boyfriend loves this bed. It's growing on me, but I'd prefer it without the canopy. 

A part of my Frosh week involved a trip to Ikea, and I saw this bed. It's a little low to the ground, but I still think it's awesome.
This is a bedside table that goes along with the above bed. They're called Malm.
My boyfriend and I decided though that if we ever got married he gets to design the kitchen. Thankfully he's also into design.

No comments: