Friday, December 12, 2008

Weird Trait

I am a bit of a film addict. A whiz at pop culture trivia and an all around film geek. 

I watch so many movies and obsessively scour IMDb so much that I begin to recognize those character actors that appear in small parts of many films such as William Fichtner. I bet that name means nothing to you, but I can tell you that he was the corrupt bank clerk from the beginning of The Dark Knight, one of the experienced astronauts in Armageddon, the coach in Blades of Glory and the FBI agent from the TV show Prison Break [and I don't even watch that show]. I dare you to look him up. 

One of my favourites is Bill Nighy, because he seems like a really nice, funny guy. Plus I think he has cool glasses.

You may recognize him as Billy Mack from Love Actually
You might not recognize him as Davy Jones from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. 
I think my point is that you should find one of those actors that you see everywhere but doesn't seem to get any love, and maybe right a nice post about them or their work. That is merely a suggestion though, because it could also come across as weird and creepy... hmmm. But I think we can all agree that Brad Pitt and George Clooney and Tom Cruise are getting overrated. All who agree slap my hand now. 

No comments: