Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Groovy

Having a bit of a nostalgic seventies kick lately. My boyfriend recently bought a record player and has steadily become a vinyl addict, so sitting around in his living room listening to Cream has felt like a time warp.
Although I love so many decades for their styles, I've always had a connection with the seventies. 

Love the floppy hats and muted colours


One of my favourite books and movies... although you know kind of depressing as hell.

Serge Gainsbourg, and Jane Birkin
70s inspired in my opinion. 
I have a whole folder full of pictures that I was going to post, but that would probably go a little overboard, not to mention err on the side of redundant. 

What I'd like to know dear readers is what decade or time period do you draw inspiration from? Or which one do you wish you could be transported to? I have a feeling I'd be perfectly content in some wood paneled, shag carpeted basement listening to records, but I have a hard time choosing... 

1 comment:

AFitz said...

Hi,

I am at York! I actually study at the Glendon campus (the teeny tiny liberal arts college) but I'm thinking of switching to keele because I would like to major in film as well - which seems to be your cup of tea! Cute blog btw.