Thursday, June 12, 2008

It's summer! You know what that means...

The sun is out and the smell of sunscreen is in the air. At least it better be. 
I know everyone has heard the whole song and dance that UV Rays are bad, and we need to wear sunscreen of at least SPF 15 (I'm pretty sure it's 15, but you can't go wrong with something stronger just in case). I understand that it gets tiresome, and that people ignore it. But it's good advice, which I can't stress enough. 

I admit I have been bad in my day. I have natural
ly dark olive-y skin, and my mom is under the weird notion (which she heard from some friend of a friend whose father is a doctor, so it's clearly true) that the chemicals in sunscreen could do more harm for you than good. I'm sure it's possible, but I still don't want sun cancer and I sure as hell don't want to look like this as an adult. 

You would not believe the amount of people who come into my work with red/dark brown leathery skin. It's so not attractive. 

I'd much prefer to look like this:

Your skin can glow without it actually glowing. 

No comments: