Thursday, November 20, 2008

9 Months

It has been nine months since my last haircut. I don't know if that's considered shocking, but ever since I was little I've always had the pattern of growing my hair really long and then cutting it short to my chin or shoulders. I bet this is a pattern a lot of people follow. It's a pretty safe route to take when it comes to hair. When I last got my hair cut, a few people kept commenting on how brave I was to get it cut so short. 

I suppose in our society long hair is the norm and considered a part of the definition of beauty. That's nothing new, I'm hardly breaking new ground here. A part of me would love to shave my head, but that's also a little drastic [and too derivative of Britney Spears as opposed to say Natalie Portman or Chloe Sevigny back in the day]. 

I think one day I may attempt a pixie cut. 

The inspiration

But I am rather attached to my hair. I loved Kori's post on Getting the Perfect Pixie, and I would define myself as a ponytail girl, but I like ponytails for the variation. I could put it up or keep it down, and have a completely different look. Maybe I'm just hard to please. 

My boyfriend isn't into the whole pixie cut idea either. He'd prefer a bob which is also a good choice too. Although, to be honest, if I really wanted a pixie cut, he'd just have to live with it. It is just hair, and it would eventually grow into something like this anyway. 
In the meantime I want to grow my hair out, but I need a trim. My hair isn't as long as Kristen Stewart and Eva Green's here, but I like the choppy layers. 
It's too bad I'm a broke university student. I need to get a job if this strike is going to go on for awhile.

No comments: