Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Boyfriend Sweater

In the past couple of weeks I've seen ads for these "Boyfriend" pants all over the place.
I don't really like the label of "Boyfriend" jeans, and my only assumption as to why they're called "Boyfriend" jeans is because they're loose-fitting. A look you can achieve with a belt and jeans a size or two too large for you (this proves how little I actually know about clothes).

But this brings me to the point of this post. If I were ever to steal an article of clothing from a boyfriend it would be something I have dubbed "The Boyfriend Sweater".
The Boyfriend Sweater is a tight-fitting, on him, crew neck, knit sweater. It has ribbing along the cuffs and waist, and has large horizontal stripes.

Something like this:Although it could be a little tighter.
This is also the kind of sweater I borrowed from a very cute guy, when a few of us ended up hanging out at his house, and I was clad in only my "Prince Edward Island" t-shirt after lending my cardigan to Lauren. Long story, but he lended me that sweater and I fell in love...not with him, but the sweater, and thus "The Boyfriend Sweater" was born.

The pants can be located at the Gap, and the Sweater can be located at Urban Outfitters.

No comments: