Saturday, March 17, 2007

Kensington Market is my new favourite place.

Since about January, my friends and I have been planning a trip to Toronto to go searching for Formal dresses and to pa-rooze around Kensington Market, where we have never shopped before. Today, St. Patrick's Day, we took an 8:15 bus, and made the trek down. I must say it was rather successful.

My brother's amazing girlfriend, Cara, served as tour guide, for she was also looking for a formal dress for something at York.

Emily bought a sweet vintage dress (black lace with a pink, cumberbund-like bow around the middle) and Katie got a cool, green, Indian inspired dress. Alie, Lauren, Cara and I weren't as successful finding dresses, although I did find this interesting blue creation, which I shall post a picture of later, but Lauren thinks I can do better.

Other than that, I bought a white, soft cardigan with beading all along the front from a store called Flashback, and some great finds at trusty old H&M.

And yes, a t-shirt was among those purchases, but a plain white one, because I needed something plain to go under low-cut dresses and whatnot.

Pictures to come.

No comments: