Thursday, March 29, 2007

Finally!

Yes, after much agonizing, I've finally decided what my formal dress is going to look like. I don't know which is worse though, the fact that I've been agonizing over what it will look like, or that I'm agonizing over a dress I'm going to wear in June. That and I don't think that sentence made any sense.

So basically I want the shape to look like this:
extreme scoop neck and all, but without all the detail on the front, and possibly no sash. Also I wouldn't mind a little tulle under the skirt for oomph. From Anthropologie

The colour would be something along the lines of this Betsey Johnson dress I saw in Teen Vogue:
Sort of an orangey, dusty pink, coral colour. Plus the detail in the fabric is pretty fabulous.

My mom and I (and by I, I mean mostly my mom) are going to make it, and I had a lot of ideas going on in my head. Purple satin came up a lot, but that would probably wrinkle like crazy, and I had my doubts about the pink, because it's not a colour I wear a lot, but I love the dusty pink of that Betsey dress, so it should be fine.

Now I just have to agonize over my hair and shoes, for the next couple of months. God, somebody shoot me.

No comments: